These are SO SIMPLE to make and yet they look fantastic. It's worth doing a few and keeping them on hand as they are really useful to make gift tags and birthday cards. Or combine several to make a collage or a spring wreath. Preschoolers will have fun doing this project and older kids (and adults) will enjoy creating more complex designs.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Gems, Buttons, Beads etc (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Watercolor Paints
- Watercolor Paper
- Cut a flower shape out of the watercolor paper (adults will need to help younger children with this step).
- Brush the flower with a coat of water
- Paint the flower using watercolor paints.
- Once dry add glitter, gems, buttons or beads to the center of the flower.
- You can use multiple colors to paint the flower. I think that it looks nice to paint the middle of the flower a different color to the petals. By using a wet wash prior to applying the paint, you will find that the colors merge into each other where they meet. If you do not want this to happen, simply omit the step of applying a wet wash (i.e. wetting the paper before painting).
- There are plenty of flower templates online that you can use to create the flower shape. Simply type "flower template" into a Google image search.
- These flowers make wonderful gift tags or Birthday cards when mounted on card stock.
- Letters E-H: Letter F
- Artist Supplies: Watercolor Paints
- Art / Craft Techniques and Styles: Painting & Drawing Techniques
- Events and Other Celebrations: Birthdays Mothers Day Teacher Appreciation
- Plants: Flowers
- Seasons & Weather: Spring