Upcycled Pencil Pot
A great upcycling project to tidy your office / school supplies. Take an old Oatmeal container, cut to size, cover in wrapping paper and decorate and there you have it, the perfect container to organize your pens, pencils and paintbrushes. You could make one of these for your teacher on Teacher Appreciation Day.
- Modge Podge
- Oatmeal container
- Optional: Ribbon, stickers, glitter pens etc to decorate
- Wrapping Paper
- Cut your oatmeal container so that it is the right size to hold your pens, pencils or paintbrushes.
- Cut a strip of wrapping paper so that it is the correct size to wrap completely around the container.
- Cover the container in modge podge
- Carefully roll the paper around the container, smoothing it as you go.
- Using pens, Paint, RIbbon, Stickers, Glitter GLue or whatever you desire, decorate the container.
- Thin (Cheap) wrapping paper will not work for this project as it will wrinkle. You need to use good quality thicker wrapping paper. Alternatively you could use colored card or scrapbook paper.