These pencils are pencil cases! Great fun to make and very useful for storing all those pencils, crayons and pens. A fantastic project to do to celebrate going Back to School - or just because! This project is inspired by the brilliant Mister Maker.
- Glue (Ideally Hot Glue)
- Tin Foil
- Toilet Roll (for small Pencil Case) or Kitchen Roll (for a large Pencil Case)
- White Card
- Paint your cardboard roll. Allow to dry
- Cut a 1" strip of tin foil and glue to one end of the roll.
- Place one end of the cardboard roll on top of the sponge and trace around it. Using scissors , cut out the circle. Poke it in the end of the roll forming the eraser of the pencil. This is also the "lid" of your pencil case!
- Find a small round lid or bowl that is slightly bigger than the cardboard roll. Trace round this lid / bowl on a piece of white card, and then cut out the circle.
- Make a straight cut from the edge of the circle to the centre. Now overlap the cut edges, continuing to increase the overlap until you have created a cone with a circumference that is the same as that of the cardboard roll. Tape the cone in this position.
- Glue the cone to the end of the pencil case. You will probably find that hot glue is best for this application, or you may prefer to use tape.
- Your Pencil Pencil-Case is now complete!
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Letters M-P: Letter P
- Household Objects / Recycled Materials: Toilet Rolls
- Events and Other Celebrations: Back to School
- By Age: For Elementary / Primary School For Preschoolers
- For ....: For School
- Organizing: Pots