Sparkly Spider Web
These amazing sparkly Spider's Webs are deceptively easy to create. White glue is used to create a spider web shape on watercolor paper. Once dry, watercolor paint is then brushed over. The glue will resist the paint so that the web shape stands out from the painted background. The addition of glitter gives the web that glittery effect reminiscent of an early dew covered morning. A simple glittery eyed spider finishes the effect.
- 2 Sparkly Gems (or Glitter Glue) for spiders eyes
- Black Card
- Kosher Salt
- Silver Glitter
- Watercolor Paint & Brush
- Watercolor Paper
- White Glue (PVA), in a squeezy bottle with a nozzle (so that it can be squeezed out in a controlled fashion)
- Squeeze glue onto watercolor paper to create a spider web shape. Note: The easiest way to do this (and the best way for kids) is to put a blob of paint in the middle of the paper. Now "draw" glue lines from the blob to the outside edge of the paper until you have lines radiating out from the center in all directions. Now draw a ring of glue around the centre blob, and another slightly larger, and another etc.
- Sprinkle glitter over the glue.
- Allow the glue to dry thoroughly overnight
- Using a paintbrush paint water over the paper to make it wet. Now paint black paint on top. Sprinkle kosher salt on top of the watercolor paint to get a speckled effect.
- Cut a simple spider shape out of black card (an oval with 8 thin rectangles coming out from the sides).
- Stick 2 glitter gems, or two blobs of glitter glue onto the spider as eyes.
- Bend the spiders legs in half. Place a blo of glue on the underside of the sider's body and affix to the web.
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Artist Supplies: Watercolor Paints
- Events and Other Celebrations: Halloween
- Animals, Birds, Fish & Insects: Spider