Shiny Art: Embossed Foil Pics
Using Sharpies to color on foil makes shiny art. You can also create embossed edges to your pictures by using glue to trace an outline underneath the foil. This is an especially cool effect for pictures of fish as they glimmer as if they were rushing through the water!
- Sheet of Foil slightly larger than the card
- Spray Adhesive or Stick of Glue
- Square of Card
- White Glue
- Trace the outline of the image that you wish to create onto the card
- Carefully squirt glue along the outlines that you have just created.
- Leave to dry
- Cover the face of the card with glue using either spray adhesive or a stick of glue.
- Carefully place a sheet of foil over the card and using your fingers gently smooth the foil until the glue outline can be clearly seen. Be careful - it is important to be gentle otherwise the foil will tear.
- Fold the edges of the foil underneath the card.
- Using your sharpie pens, color in the image leaving the raised foil edges uncolored for the maximum embossed effect
- If using spray adhesive please use caution: use in a well ventilated area (outside is best), use eye protection, keep away from open flames and keep well away from small children. If in doubt use glue sticks for this project
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Letters E-H: Letter F
- Art / Craft Techniques and Styles: Painting & Drawing Techniques
- Animals, Birds, Fish & Insects: Fish