Glowing Christmas Trees
Made from just glue and tissue paper, these Christmas Trees will sparkle and glow when you place an LED tealight inside. They make wonderful centerpieces for a Christmas Table. (NOTE: Do not use a real flame under these trees, use battery operated LED tealights only)
- Glitter Glue
- Greaseproof Paper
- Green Tissue Paper (Various Shades)
- LED Candle
- White Glue
- PREPARATION: Using a small plate, draw a circle on the card. Cut out. Repeat making a second circle on greaseproof paper.
- Fold each circle in quarters to find the centre of the circle - mark this. Unfold.
- Make a cut from the edge of the card circle to the centre point.
- Make a cone from the card by overlapping the cut edges of the circle, keep increasing the overlap until the cone is the size you desire. Staple to secure.
- Now repeat with the greaseproof paper, making sure that the cone is the same size as the card cone.
- Place the greaseproof paper cone on top of the card cone and staple them together.
- Tear up the tissue paper into small pieces.
- KIDS: Cover the cone with a thick layer of white glue.
- Place the bits of tissue paper all over the glue covered cone - until it is entirely covered.
- Now brush another layer of glue over the tissue paper.
- Leave to dry thoroughly. This will take at least 24 hours, possibly longer.
- ADULTS: Very carefully separate the dried glue / tissue cone from the greaseproof paper.
- KIDS: Decorate the tree with dots of glitter glue.
- Place a tealight inside the tree to make it glow.
- WARNING: DO NOT USE A REAL CANDLE INSIDE THESE TREES as you will start a fire.