Egg Cup Christmas Trees
The is a fantastic Christmas project to do with toddlers and preschoolers. Egg cups are painted and stacked to make Christmas Trees which are then decorated with spangles and gems. The finished trees will take pride of place on any mantlepiece.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Egg Cups (x 5)
- Green Paint
- Spangles, Sequins, Adhesive Gems, Beads and other decorations
- White Glue
- Adult Preparation: Cut out 5 egg cups. Cut 2 of the egg cups so that they are about 1/3 of the height of the others.
- Paint the egg cups green
- ADULTS: Glue the egg cups on top of each other to make a tree as follows: Place one of the large egg cups on the table upside down. Now, glue one of the smaller egg cups on top, right way up Put Glue all around the rim of the top egg cup Now place another larger egg cup on top upside down. Repeat for the remaining small and large egg cups. Allow to dry completely
- Cover the tree in a thick layer of white glue
- Decorate your tree as desired.