Place a battery operated candle inside these fun snowman and they will add sparkle to any winter gathering! I think I got inspiration for this project from a magazine but can't remember which!
- Battery Operated Tea Light (Optional)
- Black and White Tissue Paper
- Pipe Cleaner
- Plastic Drinks Bottle
- Smoething for Snowman's eyes and nose (Googly eyes, pom poms, buttons, foam stickers etc)
- White School Glue such as Elmers
- Cut the bottom off of your plastic bottle using a craft knife. This step should be performed by an adult. Remove the cap of the bottle and set aside.
- Use a paintbrush to paint glue all over the bottle.
- Tear off small pieces of white tissue paper and stick to the bottle. Continue until the entire bottle is covered in paper.
- Use a paintbrush to paint glue all over the bottle cap.
- Tear off small pieces of black tissue paper and stick to the cap. Continue until the entire cap is covered in paper. Put the cap back on the bottle - this is the snowman's hat.
- Choose materials for the snowman's eye and nose and stick onto the snowman. (e.g. a pom pom or a carrot shape piece of card for the nose and googly eyes or buttons for the eyes). You could add a mouth also.
- Cut your pipe cleaner in half. Fold one piece in half and twist, leaving about 1 cm at the end untwisted. Repeat with the other piece. Stick these twisted pipe cleaners onto the snowman as arms.
- Tie a piece of ribbon around the snowman about 1/3 of the way down - this is the snowman's scarf.
- Place the snowman on top of a lit battery operated tea light and watch him sparkle.
- There's some great children's story books on snowmen which would make great companions to this project - see the resources section for some ideas.
- Warning: Never use a wax candle inside a plastic bottle - this would be a certain fire hazard
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Project Themes christmas letter-s winter Search by keyword