Glitter Candy Cane
Using masking tape to resist paint creates wonderful stripes, making this an ideal technique for making candy cane pictures with small children
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Background Paper (Green works well)
- Masking Tape
- Red Glitter
- Red Paint
- White Paper or Card
- Before Beginning: Cut a candy cane shape out of white paper or card.
- Before Beginning: Lay stripes of masking tape across the candy cane to create stripes
- Dip the sponge in the red paint and then use to dab paint all over the candy cane
- Sprinkle glitter over the wet paint
- Carefully remove the tape taking care not to tear the paper.
- Once dry, glue to some background paper
- Beware of putting too much paint on the sponge - otherwise it may seep under the tape spoiling the stripes
- It is better to use a heavier weight paper for this activity as the tape will remove more easily
- It is best to try to minimize the time that the tape is on the paper - to facilitate the ease with which it can be removed.