Foam Name Tags
Perfect to help your child keep track of his/her school bag, lunch bag or even suitcase, these foam tags are easy and fun to make. They would make a great back to school project or camp activity.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Adhesive Foam Sheets (size: 6x9")
- Adhesive Foam Stickers (Optional)
- Hole Punch
- Plastic Lacing cord
- Split Rings
- Using a pencil, draw a line 2.5 inches below the top of the long side of the foam sheet.
- Cut along the line. You should now have a rectangle that is 2.5x9".
- Cut the rectangle in half. You should now have 2 rectangles that are 2.5x4.5".
- Using the hole punch, punch a hole through the end of each rectangle (the position of the hole should be in the middle of the short edge of the rectangle about 0.5" in from the edge.
- Peel the backing off the two foam rectangles and stick them together being careful to line up the edges and the punched hole.
- Use a sharpie to write your name on the tag.
- Decorate! You can use pre-cut foam stickers, or you can cut shapes from the remaining adhesive foam to form patterns or pictures.
- Attach the name tag to a split ring using the plastic lacing cord.