Cotton Bud Skeleton
These skeletons have tons of character and you'll have great fun figuring out how to pose those bones! A great Halloween craft, and also a great way to explore the structure of the human body, this activity is suitable for children who are a little older (age 6/7 and above) as it is a little fiddly.
- Black Card
- Black Marker
- Cotton Buds
- White Card
- Adult Supervision Required: Cut cotton buds into various lengths so that they might be used to form different bones
- Draw a skull face on white card using a black marker. Cut out the skull.
- Glue the cotton buds and skull to the black paper in the shape of a skeleton
- If you are not confident drawing a skull, do a google image search for "skull cartoon" for inspiration (or for an image that you can print and use instead of drawing one).
- It is usually easiest to figure out the shape of the skeleton on the table before starting to glue.
- If you use stronger glue, and gle the cotton buds to each other rather than to the paper, then when the glue is dry you will be able to lift the skeleton and hang as decorations. When gluing the cotton buds, place them on greaseproof paper to dry.
- Cotton Buds come with plastic sticks and paper sticks. We prefer using those with paper sticks as they are easier to cut, and can also be bent - for instance to form ribs....