Floating Tissue Ghost
Wooooo. These Ghosts are so much fun to make for Halloween. They make a great Halloween craft for elementary school age children. And they also make wonderful decorations for a Halloween party or event.
- Black Card
- Craft Wire
- Styrofoam Ball
- White Pipe Cleaner
- White Tissue Paper
- White pony bead or button
- Cut your pipe cleaner in half
- Shape each pipe cleaner piece into a curve, and poke each into the styrofoam ball to form arms.
- Cut a length of craft wire that is 4 times as long as the diameter of your styrofoam ball.
- Fold the craft wire in half and twists the ends together. This will form a loop that will be used for hanging your ghost. You now need to attach the loop to the ball.
- Poke the twisted end of the craft wire through the styrofoam all so that it pokes through the bottom.
- To secure the wire so that it does not pull out, push a bead or button onto the twisted end of the craft wire. Fold the end of the wire around the bead / button until it is pointing back towards the ball. Now pull gently on the other end of the wire until the bead stops the wire from moving any further.
- Take a Sheet of Tissue Paper and fold into a triangle.
- Make a small hole in approximately the middle of the tissue paper and poke the wire loop through the hole, folding the tissue paper over the ball.
- Carefully shape the tissue paper around the styrofoam ball and pipe cleaners using your hands to apply gentle pressure.
- Using scissors cut randomly into the bottom of the tissue paper to create a "tattered" look.
- Cut out 2 circles and an oval from the black card to use as eyes and a mouth for the ghost. Apply with glue,