Cotton Ball Snowmen
This activity is a favorite with preschoolers who can easily tackle the task with a little assistance; but it is also enjoyed by elementary school children as well who will have fun personalizing their snowmen.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Buttons, sequins, pom poms for Snowman's eyes and buttons
- Cotton Balls
- Felt, or colored card for Snowman's Hat
- Pipe cleaners for arms
- Ribbon (for scarf)
- Before Beginning: Draw two circles, one on top of the other, on a piece of paper. These will become the Snowman's Head and Body. Then cut out a hat shape from card or felt.
- Paint inside the circles with glue.
- Press cotton balls onto the snowman until both circles are entirely filled.
- Using the ribbon, felt, pipe cleaners and other materials, create the snowman's features: hat, scarf, eyes, nose, and buttons.
- It is tempting to allow the children to dip the cotton balls into a bowl of glue before applying: this ends up a sticky mess! Much better to paint the paper first and then apply the cotton balls directly.