Drawing with chalk on black construction paper produces wonderfully vibrant pictures. This is a great activity for all ages.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Black Construction Paper
- Use the chalk to draw patterns or pictures on the construction paper.
- If you dip the chalk in white tempura paint before drawing, the paint seals the chalk preventing it from smudging and creating an interesting effect.
- The chalk can be smudged with your finger. This can be useful to create shading in the picture - and annoying if you don't want chalk everywhere! You can seal the picture with hairspray once finished to stop the chalk smudging or rubbing off. Or you can soak the chalk in water for about 6 minutes prior to using.
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Artist Supplies: Chalk Construction Paper
- Art / Craft Techniques and Styles: Painting & Drawing Techniques