Preschoolers will have great fun making these "watermelon slices" from paper plates. This is a great project to do with kids for a Letter W theme, or on National Watermelon Day.
|Under 15 minutes
- Paper Plate, cut in half
- Poster Paint (Red, Green and Black)
- Paint the rim of the paper plate green - this will be the rind of the watermelon.
- Paint the centre of the paper plate red - this will be the flesh of the watermelon.
- Paint dots of black over the red paint in the centre of the plate to form watermelon pips.
- You could use sponge painting to paint the plate, or finger prints to make the pips to increase the sensory experience of this project.
- Instead of painting the pips onto the plate, you could stick on real watermelon seeds that have been washed and dried.