Paper Apple Trees
These standing Apple Trees made from a paper bowl and a toilet roll are a bright and cheerful fall project. Apples are a great preschool theme - they compliment units about Letter A, Apples, and Back to School!
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Eye Dropper
- Green Tissue Paper
- Green and Brown Paint (poster or Acrylic)
- Paper Bowl
- Red Paint
- School (White / PVA) Glue
- Shaving Foam
- Toilet Roll
- Preparation: Tear the green tissue paper into small pieces
- Paint the underside of the paper bowl green
- Whilst the paint is still wet, place the pieces of green tissue paper all over the bowl (They will stick as the paint dries).
- Make up red puffy paint by mixing 1 tablespoon of glue with 1 tablespoon of shaving foam and a squirt of red paint.
- Using an Eye Dropper, squirt drops of red paint on top of the tissue paper
- Paint the toilet roll brown
- Using scissors, cut 2 slits into the toilet roll - from the edge toward the centre - each about 1 inch long and about 1 inch apart.
- Push the edge of the bowl into the slits. You should now be able to stand your apple tree up.
- Letters A-D: Letter A
- Household Objects / Recycled Materials: Paper Plates Toilet Rolls
- Religious Holidays: Rosh HaShana
- By Age: For Elementary / Primary School For Preschoolers For Toddlers
- By Gender: For Boys and Girls
- Plants: Apples Tree
- Seasons & Weather: Fall