Thanksgiving Turkey Greetings Card
These bright and cheerful turkeys are a great way to send Thanksgiving Greetings to friends and families. As a bonus, they will also keep your kids busy for a bit as they create the body by threading circles of tissue paper.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Black pony beads
- Blank Greetings Card made from Card in color of choice
- Blunt embroidery needle
- Brown Card or Paper (e.g. from a paper bag)
- Brown Thread
- Brown Tissue Paper
- Colored craft feathers
- Orange Craft Foam
- Orange Pipe Cleaner
- Adult Preparation: First make the body. Cut several 2" circles from brown tissue paper (by hand or using a circle punch). Crunch up the tissue paper circles and then flatten out again (to get a crumpled effect)
- Adult Preparation: Thread a needle with a length of brown thread.
- Adult Preparation: Thread the needle through a pony bead, and tie the end of the thread around the bead.
- Thread the circles of tissue paper, pulling each circle down to the bead at the bottom. When you have passed 4-5 tissue circles along the thread, pass another pony bead onto the needle, and pull down on top of the tissue circles.
- Tie the end of the thread to the final pony bead.
- Cut out a smaller circle from the brown paper / card. Stick this on top of the topmost pony bead, to create a head. Now glue 2 black pony bead eyes, and an orange craft foam triangle beak onto the head.
- Glue colored feathers to the opposite side of the tissue paper pile to create tail feathers.
- Cut and shape the pipe cleaner into feet and glue to the underside of the turkey.
- Finally, glue the turkey to your greetings card.