Pine Cone Owl
These adorable pine cone owls are a fun autumn craft for kids of any age. You can combine this craft with a nature hike to find the pine cones, acorn cups and leaves used in the activity.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- 2 acorn cups
- 2 leaves
- Glue (Preferably hot glue)
- Googly eyes
- Orange craft foam
- Pine cone
- Pine cone
- Small circle of heavy card
- Cut your circle of card to the same size as the flat end of your pine cone.
- Cut a beak and two feet out of the orange craft foam
- Glue the orange feet to the flat base of the pine cone.
- Glue the base of the pine cone to the card, making sure that it will stand upright when dry. (You may wish to use hot glue for this step as it will dry more quickly ensuring the cone does not topple over whilst the glue is drying. If you do not have hot glue, simply arrange props around the cone to keep it upright whilst the glue dries)
- Glue 1 googly eye inside each acorn cup, and then glue the acorn cups near the top of the pine cone.
- Glue the two leaves on either side of the cone to make wings for your owl.
- Finally glue on the beak. Your owl is now complete.
- You may need to remove a couple of the pine cone spines to help the acorn cup eyes sit nicely on the pine cone.
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Letters M-P: Letter O
- National Holidays: Thanksgiving
- Animals, Birds, Fish & Insects: Owl
- Seasons & Weather: Autumn