Paper Plate Dinosaur
This craft from the brilliant kidscraftweekly.com turns a paper plate into a moving Brontosaurus!
- Brass Paper Fasteners
- Googly Eyes (Optional)
- Paint (Poster or Acrylic)
- Paper Plate
- Sponge paint a paper plate, and leave to dry
- Cut the plate in half
- From one half only, cut off the curved edge of the plate. Cut that piece in half. Taper the end of one half to make a tail (the other half will be the neck)
- From the remaining cut half, cut out 4 leg shapes and an oval for the dinosaur head.
- Punch a hole at the top of each dinosaur leg, and 4 holes along the cut edge of the remaining half of the paper plate. Using split pins, attach the legs to the body.
- Add the neck, head and tail to the dinosaur in the same way.
- Add a googly eye to the dinosaur's head
- Thumbnail image: Plate_Dinosaur_02.psd
- The originator of this recipe kidscraftweekly.com has an excellent pdf on her website that describes this craft in detail: kidscraftweekly.com
- Alternatives to sponge painting for this project would be bubble wrap painting, finger painting or simply painting with a brush.