These Marshmallow Flowers are great as an unusual Valentines, Thank you or Mothers Day gift. Simple to make and delightful to receive
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- A food bag (e.g. cellophane treat bags)
- A piece of card covered in wax paper, foil or cake board covering foil
- A ribbon
- Colored Sprinkles: Yellow plus another color (or mixed sprinkles)
- Large Marshmallows
- Small bowl of water
- Wax Paper
- Put a teaspoon of yellow sprinkles on a plate. Put several teaspoons of the other sprinkles onto another plate
- Dip the end of the first marshmallow into the water, and then press on the yellow sprinkles - place onto a piece of wax paper: this will be the center of the flower
- Now, take another marshmallow and repeat, this time pressing into the other color sprinkles. This will be the first petal of the flower. Place it next to the yellow sprinkled marshmallow and gently push the two marshmallows together.
- Repeat step 4 until you have a circle of marshmallow petals all around the yellow center.
- Leave to dry.
- Cut a square of card slightly larger than the flower and cover in wax paper, foil or cake board covering foil.
- Place the marshmallow on top of the covered card.
- Gently slide into a food bag, and secure the bag with a ribbon
- Don't leave the marshmallow too long in the water or it will start to dissolve.