These translucent ghosts make a great Halloween activity - and look great as halloween decor - either hanging on windows as sun-catchers or around the house.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Craft Wire (Optional)
- Glitter (Optional)
- Googly Eyes
- Parchment Paper
- White School Glue (e.g. Elmers)
- White Yarn
- Cut a length of white yarn (around 20cm in length) and arrange it in an "n" shape on top of the parchment paper - this is the body of the ghost.
- Cut a few short pieces of yarn and place them alongside the base of the ghost.
- Cut a short length of craft wire (About 2 centimeters and form it into another "n" shape - place this under the yarn at the top of the ghost shape - this forms a hanging loop for the ghost.
- Squeeze glue into the center of the yarn - keep going until the entire area of the ghost is filled - you must make sure that the glue touches the yarn at the top and sides.
- Drop Googly eyes on top of the glue and if desired sprinkle glitter
- Allow to dry - this will take some time (over a day)
- Once the glue is dry, carefully peel your ghost off the parchment paper and hang!
- You can use a paperclip instead of craft wire to form the hanging loop
- You will use a considerable amount of glue for this activity!
- IT really does take at least a day for this to dry - possibly several days - but they are worth the wait.