This is a super easy project that younger kids can do and enjoy. My son was so proud of his elmo, he wanted to keep it beside his bed
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- 1 Sheet of Red Tissue Paper plus 1/2 sheet of Orange Tissue Paper
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- Large Googly Eyes
- White Glue
- Cut a large oval shape from the card - this will be Elmo's head. Cut another smaller Oval shape from the card - this will be Elmo's nose.
- Tear the Tissue Paper into small pieces.
- Cover both card ovals with glue
- Stick pieces of red tissue paper all over the large oval and pieces of orange tissue paper all over the small one. Leave to Dry.
- Stick the smaller oval toward the top of the larger oval.
- Stick the Googly eyes just above Elmo's nose, and form the pipe cleaner into a smile just below the nose.
- If you don't have any Googly Eyes, you can use white card with black dots drawn on them.
- Some children may enjoy helping you to tear the pieces of tissue paper - it is a great fine motor activity. However, smaller children will get bored with this very quickly - well before you have enough torn pieces.
It was really easy to make Elmo and my 3.5yr old loved all the glueing and sticking. It's quick to do too so good for short attention spans!