Chocolate Easter Nests
These chocolate nests are a breeze to make, are super cute and very yummy. The instructions will make one nest, simply multiply the ingredients by the number of nests you want to make more.
- 1 (large) shredded wheat biscuit
- 4 Mini Easter Eggs (Cadbury Mini Eggs are perfect for this project)
- Chocolate (1/2 cup)
- Parchment Paper
- Crumble up the shredded wheat biscuit so that it forms loose "sticks" of cereal with no lumps.
- Melt the chocolate. You can do this by using a double boiler (or a pot placed over a saucepan of boiling water). Alternatively you can place in the microwave for 10 second increments, stirring between each until it is melted.
- Mix the shredded wheat with the chocolate until it is completely coated
- Tip the chocolate mix onto parchment paper. Using your hands shape into a nest shape. In particular you want to create a "bowl" shape in the center with raised sides so that you can place your eggs in the nest without them rolling out
- Put the nest in the fridge so that the chocolate can harden.
- Remove from the fridge and place the eggs in the nest - display: or just eat! :)
- Make sure you mix thoroughly before trying to shape the nests, as the chocolate is needed to "glue" the sticks together.