Tie Die Sharpie Eggs
Come Easter we are always looking for new and interesting ways to decorate our Easter eggs. This last Easter I came across this clever technique by "Housing a Forest" for dying eggs using sharpies and rubbing alcohol. They have some beautiful examples on their website.
- Eye Dropper
- Hard boiled Eggs
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Sharpie Markers
- Using a variety of colors of sharpie marker, color all over your egg.
- Place the egg on some kitchen paper. Using the Eye Dropper, slowly drop rubbing alcohol onto the egg. As the alcohol touches the egg it will dissolve some of the ink and the colors will start to spread and mingle.
- Leave the egg on the paper towel to dry.
- Sharpie markers do stain so be careful to protect your clothing and surfaces when doing this project.
- It would not be a good idea to eat these eggs. Some of the chemicals from the sharpies and rubbing alcohol may pass through the shell onto the egg - best to use them for decorative purposes only!
- Visit this project page on housingaforest.com for more tips and examples: www.housingaforest.com