Brighten up your windows this Halloween with these cheerful Jack-o-Lantern Suncatchers. They are made using pony beads, arranged and melted in tins.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Opaque Black Pony Beads
- Round tin at least 4-5" in diameter, such as a yorkshire pudding tin or small round cake tin
- Translucent Orange Pony beads
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Arrange Pony Beads in a jack-o-lantern design in a circular tin.
- Place tin in oven for around 30 minutes. WARNING: Be sure to open the windows and ventilate the house during and after cooking as the melting plastic will emit fumes. Ideally perform this step when small children are not in the house / nearby
- Remove from the oven once the beads are thoroughly melted. Leave to cool.
- Once cool, remove the suncatchers from the tins - they should come out easily.
- If desired you can drill a small hole in the suncatcher to allow you to hang it. We used Poster Tak to attach ours to the windows.