Popped Bubble Art
I've done this activity with my kids a few times now and it never fails to fascinate them - and me! Simply color bubble mix with food coloring and blow bubbles onto paper - as the bubbles land and pop, they create beautiful works of art. It goes without saying that this project is best done outdoors. A great one for those lazy summer afternoons.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Bubble Mix
- Bubble Wands
- Food Coloring
- Pour 1 tablespoon of bubble mix into a small, shallow bowl.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the bubble mix and stir well
- Place your bubble wand in the colored bubble mix, remove and blow bubbles towards your paper.
- As the bubbles hit the paper and pop, they will leave interesting patterns. Repeat with other colors.
- Caution: Food coloring will stain surfaces and clothing. Be sure to protect both!
- This activity can be frustrating on a windy day - as the wind makes it hard to get the bubbles to hit the target paper!
Could you share the bubble mix recipe used?