Egg Carton Owl
These owls made from egg cartons have tremendous character and can be put together very easily. Children will love painting the egg cartons and adding the feathers. A great project for fall to make a change from leaves - or do anytime to support a letter "O" theme - or just because! Using white feathers and dabbing on brown paint makes a wonderfully realistic mottled feather effect. But you could also use colored feathers for a brighter an owl.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Brown and Black Paint
- Googly Eyes
- The base of an Egg Carton
- White Feathers (or colored if desired)
- Adults Preparation. You need 6 egg cups on your carton. If you have a longer egg carton, cut to size. Your egg carton should have 2 "towers" that are used to hold up the lid of the egg box. Cut off one of these flush with the egg cups.
- Paint the egg carton brown. Add some black paint if desired around the edges.
- Once dry, stick or glue one Googly eye in each of the two egg cups at the end of the carton that has the remaining tower (that will become the owl's beak)
- Put glue all around the edges of the remaining egg cups and glue on the feathers ideally pointing down and inward to cover the owl's body).
- If desired, bend and shape the egg cups on the base of the egg carton so that the owl will stand up.