Paper Cup Dragon Puppet
This colorful dragon puppet by jellyfishjelly.com can be made from a few paper cups and tissue paper. A fantastic project for Chinese New Year
- Colored Streamers (Party Streamers, or strips of paper cut from colored craft or tissue paper)
- Dragon Head Picture (See resources)
- Glue Stick
- Kebab Stick or other stick such as a dowel
- Plastic Cups (Colored ones are best)
- Toilet Paper Tubes
- Punch a hole into the base of each plastic cup by placing a blob of plasticine or wall tac under the cup and pushing a pencil through the bottom.
- Cut the toilet rolls into pieces about 5cm long
- Tie a large knot into the string and thread it into the cup and out the bottom.
- Next thread on a piece of card roll.
- Repeat with cups and card rolls until it reaches the desired length. Tie a large knot in the end of the string to secure the cups.
- Draw and colour a dragon head or use one of the images provided in resources below.
- Cut the streamers or coloured paper into lengths of approximately 30cm. Glue or tape the streamers along the length of the dragon’s body.
- Punch a hole into the top of the head cup.
- Punch another hole into a cup toward the end of the dragon’s body. (About 4th from the end)
- Attach string from the holes to either end of the stick. Use the stick to manoeuvre the dragon puppet.
- Detailed step by step instructions and templates for the dragons head can be found on the jellyfishjelly.com website: www.jellyfishjelly.com
- Thumbnail image: Dragon_Paper_Cup_01.jpg