These bright lizard pictures look great pinned on the kitchen fridge. And they are so straightforward to produce that with a little preparation toddlers and preschoolers will have no trouble with this activity. A great project for a "Letter L" theme in the classroom - or a quick and easy activity to entertain your little artist.
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Colored Card (multiple colors)
- Eyes (Googly, Stickers or made form card)
- Preparation: Draw a lizard shape onto a piece of card. Cut out the lizard shape.
- Preparation: Cut out tiny squares from the remaining colored card. To do this quickly, cut parallel slits into the card. Then make cuts crosswise. See image.
- Spread the glue over the surface of the lizard.
- Sprinkle the paper squares over the top of the glue.
- Glue the eyes on the lizard.
- Once dry, you may wish to trim the overhanging edges of the mosaic squares and mount the lizard on card.
- If you are not comfortable drawing a lizard shape, you can easily find one online by doing a Google image search for "lizard template".