Once finished these lemons feel (to touch) remarkably like real lemons, which is cool! And also makes this a great sensory project for preschoolers: touch (texture), sight (vibrant yellow colors) and taste - because it is just wrong not to accompany this activity with either a wedge of lemon to explore or a small glass of lemonade!
|Duration||Under 15 minutes|
- Kosher Salt
- Watercolor Paper
- Yellow Watercolor Paint
- Brush water all over the watercolor paper
- Now paint yellow watercolor paint over your wet paper (the more color the better).
- Immediately (before the paint dries), sprinkle salt over the paint. The salt will soak up the paint, giving those areas where the salt lies a darker hue. By sprinkling the salt all over, this gives a speckled effect.
- Leave to dry, then brush off excess salt and cut into lemon shapes. Mount on card if desired.
- It is important to make the paper wet before painting with yellow paint to get the most out of this watercolor effect.