Little Pirates will love to make and wear these pirate hats.
- 2 large sheets of black construction paper (24" x 36")
- White Poster Paint
- Place the 2 sheets of black construction paper next to each other (with the long sides facing), and tape together
- Fold the paper along the tape line so that the tape is in the inside of the folded paper.
- Fold one corner (of the folded edge) of the paper down to a point about 1 inch away from the bottom of the paper to make a triangle. (It is important that you leave this space at the bottom - you will need it).
- Repeat with the opposite corner
- Now taking one sheet only, fold the bottom inch of the paper up over the bottom of the triangles you have just formed.
- Flip the hat, and fold the bottom inch up this paper upward also
- Paint a white skull and cross-bones onto the paper.
- Put a couple of staples in the brim about 1-2 inches in from the edge. This will help the hat to stay together nicely and to fit snugly on your child's head.
- You are now ready to search for treasure. Argghhh.
- You can also make this hat out of 4 smaller sheets of construction paper (simply tape 4 sheets together) or a sheet of newspaper.
✶✶✶✶✶ Not yet reviewed
Useful supplies- our picks from Amazon for this project:
Related Books- our picks from Amazon for this project:
- Letters M-P: Letter P
- Events and Other Celebrations: Halloween
- Costumes, Clothing & Fashion: Hat
- Professions: Other: Pirates