My kids loved creating these cute lions. Not only are they easy to create, but they look super cute too. Great for that rainy day at home, or to complement a Jungle or Letter L theme at preschool.
- Brown Marker
- Brown craft foam (or card) cut into a nose shape
- Googly Eyes (or make eyes from white card and black pen)
- Orange Yarn (cut into short lengths)
- Paper Bowls
- Uncooked Spaghetti
- Yellow and Brown Paint
- Paint the underside of one paper bowl yellow
- Cut out ear shapes from the curved edges of the second bowl - paint these yellow also.
- Put a blob of brown paint on a tray and roll the spaghetti in the paint to color it brown.
- Once the bowls are dry, spread glue around the underside of the rim and sprinkle yarn all over.
- Glue the spaghetti to the centre of the bowl to make whiskers and glue the nose on top. Also glue on the eyes.
- Draw a mouth on the lion, and add dots around the sides of the mouth for the lions cheeks.
- You don't have to wait for the paint to dry before adding the glue / yarn - simply drizzle glue over the wet paint and sprinkle the yarn over.
- An alternative to yarn for the lions mane would be orange shredded paper.