The work of Henri Matisse with its bold shapes and right primary colors is ideal as inspiration for kids. Matisse’s cut paper collages are particularly fun to ‘reproduce’. Matisse started producing these (often large) paper collages toward the end of his career.
Henri Matisse was a French painter born in 1869 in France. He trained as a lawyer but discovered art and decided to become an artist after an attack of appendicitis which required surgery and a long period of recovery.
Matisse was inspired by the impressionist work of Vincent Van Gogh and other painters of his time.
No projects found for Henri Matisse - have a good idea for one? New Project
- Art / Craft Materials
- Art / Craft Techniques & Appreciation
- Art / Craft Techniques and Styles
- Famous Artists
- Pollock, Jackson
- Authors, Books, Tales & Rhymes
- Baking & Cooking
- Events, Holidays and Celebrations
- Ideal Projects
- Music & Musicians
- Our World: Nature and Environment
- Our World: People & Culture
- Outer Space
- Science, Math & Engineering
- TV & Media
- Toys & Games
- Useful Things
Can't find what you are looking for? Visit our contact us page to let us know what we are missing!